- Right Click on the project and click on properties.
- Click on TypeScript Build on the properties page.
- Change the TypeScript version.
If you are like me and spend most of the day in front of visual studio, the following shortcuts can save you a lot of time and increase your over all productivity. if you can save lets say 5 mins daily, you will end up having 25 mins more during you week for your other activities.
Please note these are just the shortcuts I use regularly and saved me a lot of time. 🙂
- ctrl + , : Helps you find a file in your solution if you remember some part of the name, instead of navigating deep inside your project structure.
- Quick launch : The Quick launch box on the top right is a huge time saver , if you are looking to change any visual studio settings. Read More here.
- Ctrl + – : Most of the time when you are debugging, you are jumping from one file to another and we often loose the track of the files. Ctrl along with – will help you navigate backwards.
- Startup Page : Most of the time we work on the same solution for days , some times months and it would be great if we could bypass the start up page of visual studio and reach our solution directly. That is possible by selecting “Load last loaded solution” from the options below. You can reach this dialog by using the quick launch on the top right.
One of the scenarios which comes quite often is to bulk upload data into tables and when it comes to DocumentDB like MongoDB , it’s uploading json data to a collection. Before you execute the command the pre-requisite is that you have installed MongoDB from here .
Once installed , you can find all the executables in the bin folder where MongoDB is installed.
one of the executables here is MongoImport , which is used for importing bulk data to a mongodb collection.
Open command prompt, and navigate to the bin folder of your mongodb installation and execute the below command.
mongoimport /jsonArray /db:test /collection:docs <C:\test\bulk_data.json
|/db:test ||test is the name of my MongoDB database
|/collection:docs||docs is the name of the collection inside test db
|C:\test\bulk_data.json||location of the json file